Thread: 91XG or DB8e
View Single Post
Old 9-Aug-2017, 4:52 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Several points for consideration:

Please also use call signs, RF channels alone are no longer sufficient in Springfield to identify what's going on.

The TVFool plot provided is woefully out of date (2015 database). Probably an old link.... However, as the consequences of the recently complete spectrum auction unfold, the changes will be coming in hot and heavy as stations who were bought out go off the air and as channel sharing agreements are implemented. Given that this site's owner hasn't implemented changes submitted for quite some time, it remains to be seen whether or not such updates will be made in the future. Just don't know...

Gray pretty much threw the channel and programming assignments in Springfield into a Cuisinart and I'm still trying to sort out the details since I hadn't looked at the market in quite some time.

Since Antenna TV is only available on low-powered digital stations (15 kW or less) ERP and you're 70 miles away, the odds of ever picking them up reliably is probably somewhere between slim and none except under rare atmospheric conditions. That you're picking up the channel 19 signal at all is, in itself, quite an accomplishment.

Regarding your concerns for having a co-channel issue on channel 22 when KRBK moves, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd suspect that KQFX-LD will be displaced and will have to file for a new operating channel when that filing window opens.

You can likely improve your system noise figure for your UHF antennas by around 4 dB by amplifying them separately before combining the signals in your reversed splitter. An improvement in the system NF by that magnitude would provide the same improvement as would an antenna with an increase of gain of 4 dB on your channel of interest.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote