View Single Post
Old 2-Jun-2015, 12:37 AM   #26
dbseeker

Great discussion.
To quote Bones on Star Trek, "For Godsakes Jim, I'm only a doctor not an engineer!!"
I have at my disposal a Winegard FT 3000 and a Radio Shack fm trap
that I have tried separately but not in tandem with no effect but a reduction in all channel signal strength.. I also have a winegard 8275 with trap and the RCA preamp with trap. Also have a AD CPA 19 and various and sundry Terk and RCA inline amps with no traps.
All amps produced worse signal strengths on all channels and with 50 feet of coax to the tv, so I just eliminated them.
Tried using the analog to digital convertors at both locations and still no signal on the Y10713 but signal on the RCA 751 so tuner sensitivity not the issue.
Will get a couple of HLSJ and give them a shot.
The question comes to mind if it is a second harmonic on RF7, why is the bigger antenna affected and not both? I believe these radio stations operate 24/7 and since I see no pattern to the reception issue, the changing of transmitting KW( if that is the case) seems to have no effect on the reception pattern. I am remiss in not having a grounded system. This setup is at my 87 y.o. Mother's house and while OTA has become a novice hobby of mine(obsession?), I will correct that also.
As always, the level of expertise found here is extraordinary and I can't praise everyone enough.
dbseeker is offline   Reply With Quote