View Single Post
Old 7-Aug-2016, 3:08 PM   #20
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarken View Post
We'll good day Bob NICE ANTENNA set up ,what is the distance that you receive with your antennas,
Good Day Ken,

Well, That is the embarrassing part of my set-up. I am stuck with a 70 mile radius for reception and too much work to not have been able to get more.

All the stations that I should get, I do get (Chicago-Milwaukee):

Strangely, TV Fool shows Gary, Indiana shows at the same distance, but it at least 10 miles more and I get that well too.

The farthest station I get is PBS WYIN in Indiana 77 miles, but it is as easy as it gets, across the Lake front with no obstructions:

I really have issues getting Rockford 69.7 miles away to my west, but it looks as if I may have terrain blocking me. I don't think I've ever gotten Rockford and if I wanted it, I would need a much higher set-up. I say that because if I tell the TV Fool Interactive map I have a 300' AGL antenna I see a LOS to Rockford.

57' AGL to Rockford:

Across Lake Michigan are several stations 100+ miles, but I have too many tall trees to my east. I gave up on that this summer but I will retry this winter after the leaves have fallen.

So in reality, I wont get anything over and above what my TV Fool report says I can get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TV Market.jpg (140.8 KB, 2542 views)
File Type: jpg WYIN Coverage.jpg (165.8 KB, 2660 views)
File Type: jpg TV Market Rockford.jpg (221.3 KB, 2620 views)

Last edited by bobsgarage; 8-Aug-2016 at 11:41 AM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote