View Single Post
Old 3-Aug-2016, 12:24 AM   #4
newmguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
That switch is not to pass a signal, it is to pass DC power to a preamp that is between the combiner and the UHF antenna.
I tried to find a spec sheet for the combiner, I can't find it anywhere.

Quote:
Please try to keep your photos to no wider than 800 pixels. When they are wider, the posts are too wide and the type is too small when I try to see the whole photo.
I wrote a detailed long response to your first post, something happened, I lost it all. Internet was down for an hour or so.

Quote:
The antennas are waaaay too close together, but that shouldn't make the 30-2476 that much worse than the dipole, or maybe it will.
I will have to get rid of the Clearstream4V antenna in order to make room on the pole. That antenna runs another TV. I don't want to use splitters. I find I lose the weaker stations when the cable is split..

Quote:
What are you using to measure signal strength and signal quality?
I use a SPAT102B converter box. It shows signal strength and quality.

Quote:
Possibilities:

Bad connection between VHF antenna and TV

Bad balun in antenna

If the power inserter had been connected to the combiner, and the VHF antenna had been connected to the UHF port of the combiner, and the switch was ON, that might damage the VHF balun.
I am 100% confident that the cables are good and all the connections are right. I will have some time later this week to troubleshoot some more.

Thank you for responding to my post.
newmguy is offline   Reply With Quote