View Single Post
Old 2-Nov-2017, 4:30 PM   #1
Mo Man

Issues with WPIX and WNYW in NJ

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of cutting my cable and switching to using an Antenna for my TV. I settled on using the RCA ANT751. The antenna is about 30 feet off the ground, pointing SSE @ roughly 125 deg. I'm running 50' of Mediabridge RG6 Coaxial Cable to inside the house. I am using Winegard LNA-200 Boost XT HDTV Preamplifier to improve the coverage. I did purchase Channel Master CM3414 4-Port Distribution Amplifier but it doesn't seem to be helping. I keep switching back and forward to see if there is a benefit in using it. Right now it's not hooked up and WNYM is the same as with it.

My problem is getting WPIX and WNYW. WNYM does come in but it breaks up and sometimes I lose the signal. During bad weather it worse and really unwatchable. WPIX doesn't come in at all. All other channels are coming in. WNYW is more important than WPIX since most of the local sports are on this station.

The weird thing is most of my channels originate from the Empire State Building, which is 123 deg from my location, including WPIX and WNYW. I'm at 346 elevation and here is my report

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60ed43029dca81

Any support, and advice would be great! Do I get a different pre-amp?

Many thanks!!!
Mo Man is offline   Reply With Quote