Thread: Fine tuning
View Single Post
Old 4-Sep-2013, 8:38 PM   #6
GroundUrMast

I'm recommending that you optimize your current system. Place the existing amplifiers in their optimal locations. Then as your budget allows, experiment with other antennas.

The 91XG may be too directional. It may leave you with great reception in the direction of aim point, but you could see trouble with reception from the rear. Less aggressive antennas such as the Antennacraft HBU-33 and HBU-44 may work... The bottom line is, you'll need to experiment.

Your attic is unique, I can't predict how it impacts your antenna performance precisely. Illustrating this point, using just the low gain ANT-751, signals with NM values in the +40's and higher would be expected to drive all of your cable and splitter loss without any amplification, if not for significant penetration losses in the attic. Then there's the trees... I'm guessing that you have 10 to 30 db of penetration loss at the antenna's attic location.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote