View Single Post
Old 26-Aug-2013, 2:17 AM   #18
StephanieS

Further update...

The daytime isn't kind to KLEW. Reception is rock solid stable in the evening hours, morning and mid-morning. Starting about 9:00am, pixellation begins to set in. Signal quality degrades steadily until 1:00 - 2:00pm where it goes below reception threshold. Picture and audio may temporarily flash, however watchable is gone. About 6:00pm, the signal begun to return. At 7:00pm it begun to stabilize. As of now it is mostly stable with occasional breakups.

We'll see what the RCA preamp does for daytime reception.

On a side note, I also see KUID RF 12 and KWSU RF 10 during the evening. They are the first go to though. KLEW then goes.

K40EE, being analog degrades somewhat during the above mentioned times, but remains watchable.

On a side note, I'm glad I was aiming the 91XG in the early evening. Aiming it at 3:00pm wouldn't have yielded KLEW if the above pattern was in effect.

Speaking of the 91XG, that thing is precise. I don't have much leeway with KLEW. I can pretty much point it wherever and the local signals come in off the side or the back no problem. With KLEW I moved it a half inch and poof, KLEW disappeared.

Last edited by StephanieS; 26-Aug-2013 at 2:20 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote