View Single Post
Old 15-May-2012, 9:28 PM   #79
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
That's what Craigslist is for!
Bah... :P

Hmm, I think I will try it in front of the garage and backyard on the highest point of its hill (taller than the roof) this weekend.

--

5/17/2012:

I quickly checked again this morning to see if it improved compared to recently, Zeinth converter box scanned/found 58 (more than 40 on Monday night) channels (2, 4, 22 (somewhat watchable), 28, 30, 31, 46, 52, and 62 (soso). Others were bad or not lockable to get the feeds (only detected). Two converter box's EZ scans failed to get more (cool feature to use).

--

5/19/2012 afternoon updates: We were still unable to get attic feed (e.g., channels 2, 4, 18, and higher).

However, I did take the RCA antenna and the portable 12" ATSC DTV outside to explore. Outside in the front yard was a good area (still facing west or east of the neighbor's big house across the street). Out on the backyard's high hill areas did not do well. I think the house's roof is interferring the OTA feed or something. I was able to get the best spot back in the kitchen on the ground level and has to be excactly in the middle of that place. I managed to get all the local channels (all the ones we want!) with 108 and 111 scanned! Ha! KCBS was the most iffy, but watchable. I don't know how they will do at night, raining weather, etc. Of course, my folks still refuse to put the antenna on the roof. Not even outside too which I proved to them. Ugh! I did tell my folks that the attic was a bad area because of all the metals, crowded walls, etc.

At least the antenna still has use, but it is in the specific areas. Also, I was able to see that channel 31 translator antenna from a backyard high hill area.

Last edited by ant; 23-May-2012 at 9:27 PM. Reason: Updates...
ant is offline   Reply With Quote