View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2017, 4:18 PM   #3
Frugal1SBM

HOA rules - not visible from front of unit

I have already had one run in with the HOA in regards to accessibility changes I want to make to sidewalk so I want to tread lightly if I can. I have called the property manager to alert them that I plan to replace the current dish with antenna and want to elevate to 'peek' over roofline. If placed just so it should not be visible from street level. As the HOA is responsible for roof and siding maintenance they will be watching what we do. I do not require permission for anything below a meter in size.

I have a ClearStream™ 2V UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna on my old house roof and it was serviceable but I could have used more reach. That house was a story and half with the antenna at least 5 ft above the roof line. It held up to some pretty strong wind storms.

Attached is a photo of the back of the unit with my unit's dish and the neighbors over the top of the umbrella. An antenna pole to elevate to the roof line is going to be noticeable and I am concerned about HOA displeasure even if FCC says I can make that change and it is within the boundaries of my unit.

Compare for me ClearStream 2MAX™ UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna vs Free Signal TV Marathon, 1byone Amplified Outdoor Antenna or other omni-direction placed at the same level as the Dish? With 3 tvs and different viewers adjusting directionality is out. Optimization to serve all interests is the need. One time Cost is only tertiary concern.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 506-BackPatiobefore.jpg (101.5 KB, 1661 views)

Last edited by Frugal1SBM; 27-Jul-2017 at 4:30 PM. Reason: addition
Frugal1SBM is offline   Reply With Quote