View Single Post
Old 2-Oct-2014, 12:35 PM   #14
mflynn7

Tom, I did some reading last night - and based on your comments - I agree. It doesn't seems necessary to switch to that Rayzar given that I already have a Sensar III with the wingman attachment.

I was also able to confirm that I have the passive setup. Looks like I could potentially buy a wallplate. According to the Sensar III manual.
ADDING OPTIONAL AMPLIFIED WALLPLATE TO NON-AMPLIFIED RV/TV INSTALLATION Model RA-7596 solid state TV signal amplifier works with any non-amplified RV/TV antenna. Improves picture quality. Uses +12 VDC; has on/off switch, indicator light, set 2 output, cable input and +12 VDC receptacle.
My plan of action for now is..

1) Try the Sensar setup yet again making sure all connections are sound and the TV is setup correctly
2) assuming #1 doesn't work - Try the Sensar setup adding in powered adapter that comes with my 1byOne omni-directional antenna
3) assuming that doens't work - bypass the built in Sensar entirely and try the 1byOne mounted to the flagpole

If none of those options work - and assuming we are parked near our friends - find out exactly what model/make of their setup (antenna, wall plate, TV, etc) and see how much difference there is in antenna height. If possible, swap TVs and experiment a bit to see if we can figure out the weak link.

This entire thread has been very helpful. I've learned a lot - thanks. I should have inquired about this 3 years ago. I will keep you posted. Next trip is in 3 weeks.

-M. Flynn
mflynn7 is offline   Reply With Quote