View Single Post
Old 11-Jul-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Grounding should have no effect unless there is a defective component in the signal chain.

There are reliable tools to measure signal power but they are not inexpensive. Check your TV's Diagnostic menu for a signal meter. If it measures SNR, that can be useful.

I suspect there's nothing wrong with the CDA4 or the splitters. I also doubt that the DB8e is the problem, although I highly recommend the separate panel test I previously gave you as a confidence measure.

I suspect you have a coax cable fault in the premises. The most likely fault that would cause your particular symptom is a coax with the shield shorted to the center conductor. This can be tested with a standard ohm meter. For each cable, measure from the shield to the center and you should have an open circuit (infinite resistance). A shorted cable will read zero ohms. F81 couplers would also be suspects.

What is the history of the coaxial cable in use?

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote