View Single Post
Old 20-Aug-2014, 3:24 PM   #1
Gashole

Cool Signal Strength and Splitter Question

Here's my report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec2f75822d9e6f

I have a ClearStream 5 antenna that I tested holding it on the ground (at 76 degrees) while scanning for stations. I was able to pick up 45 stations on my DLP TV. I have it installed on the roof but it's not positioned properly yet. I need to install a longer mast so it can clear the chimney.

Even still on my 32" LCD TV I was able to pick up 3 channels and they came in pretty clear. I tested on the line coming straight out of the antenna before the pre-amp, then right after the pre-amp and then at the junction box before any splitters. I was able to still pick up all 3 channels.

Using the same length cable as I used for the 32" LCD TV I was not able to pick up any channels on my DLP TV (the one I originally was able to pick up 45 channels with). Using a 2 output splitter I am not able to pick up any channels on any TV which leads me to believe my signal strength isn't strong enough. It should be stronger once the antenna is positioned to 76 degrees (right now it's around 145 degrees).

I'm thinking I need an amplifier and/or a power distribution splitter so I can get the stations on multiple TVs. Does anyone have any recommendations? We only have 2 TVs but eventually (years down the road) can have up to 4 or 5.
Gashole is offline   Reply With Quote