View Single Post
Old 23-Feb-2016, 2:56 AM   #5
randomguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
You are making it hard for me to do an analysis. I asked for callsigns and real channel numbers and you gave me virtual channel numbers. The virtual channel numbers are not given for some of the channels in the report and it is the real channel number that determines what antenna is needed.

Sorry.You can cross reference them in the Analysis Report you asked for.
I wasn't asking about other antennas just the 2V as I stated.

http://www.rabbitears.info/search.ph...pe=dBm&height=

Given the constraints you have stated, your expectations are not realistic. A lot of the channels you want are too weak to be reliable and would require a more extensive installation than you seem to be willing to put up.

If I was able to get a reliable signal from 80 miles away with an antenna angled on a stick out a window , there is a good chance I can get others in the same area when the antenna is up higher and not blocked by the building.

What you want would require larger antennas with separate feedlines and a switching system, or a large antenna with a rotator.

I think you should be happy with all the local channels you do get from 165 degrees magnetic. Anything more puts you in the category of a DXer hunting for weak channels in all directions.

I never said I wasn't happy with what I have.

KJWP is on real channel 2 which is a VHF-Low channel requiring a BIG antenna like the Winegard HD8200U. PBS on real channel 12 is a VHF-High channel. The "V" dipole of your antenna doesn't have much gain for VHF-High channels. I suspect that tree growth has affected these channels.

As I stated, these channels were very reliable. They are not that far away either. They are broadcast from the same antenna farm that many of the stations I get now broadcast from. Plus it is the middle of Winter. The one tree near the antenna has no leaves on it. I may have to angle the antenna more upright because it may have bent sideways a little from the recent winds. That could be the reason they are not coming in.

Even with a bigger installation these will never be reliable.
That is a weaker, 2Edge, VHF-High channel in another direction that would require an antenna like the Winegard HD7698P.
Thanks for the reply. It seems like you are trying to help but you are going into areas I didn't ask about and you are not familiar with my situation. That is what I tried to explain in my OP.

I will have to try it myself and see what happens. The only thing I need to buy is an eave mount and 2nd antenna as I have cable and a preamp available. I have plenty of pipe to build a stand.
randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote