View Single Post
Old 23-Feb-2016, 12:29 AM   #3
randomguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Thanks for the warning.

LONG ANSWER

We need to see your tvfool report. Your old report is no longer available.

There is no guarantee that location will be any better than your present location. Some testing will be required.
You might, or might not.
There is a good chance that it will pick up other channels that you don't get now.

Can you tell us what channels you get now, and what channels you would like to get that you don't get now?
It is possible to combine two similar antennas with a splitter in reverse as a combiner, but it doesn't always work when they are aimed in different directions. This is because when the same signals from each antenna arrive at the combining point, they will interfere with each other if they are not in phase.
I wasn't asking about specific channels but here is my report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5134333e3902b1

The virt. channels I get now are:

60 69 06 03 10 17 39 65 51 35 12 29 61 48 57

Recently I stopped getting:

02 (KJWP MeTV) and 12 (PBS)
They were fine for a couple of years then one day they no longer came in.

Channels I got from different windows and/or heights (but not now):

21 (CBS) When testing from a different window...which surprised me because it is almost 80 miles away. This was well below the roof line too. about 5 feet above the window.
23 (PBS) WNJS 58 miles away.
52 (PBS) WNJT 42 miles away.

I do get some channels like 08 (NBC) that scan in and show the call letters on screen but there is no picture.

Anything from the N.W. or S.W I can pull in would be good. Like I said if I am going to the trouble of hiring someone with an extension ladder I want to make sure I get all he channels I can because I won't be able to get back up there by myself.

Last edited by randomguy; 23-Feb-2016 at 12:38 AM.
randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote