View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2014, 3:13 AM   #8
pips

update guys picked up a 35 foot tower and 10 ft mast today we had to cut it into 3 pieces cause to many wires to drop it.i have a few other sections i will try to add to it.will need to be bolted and welded back together but free is always good!so i had a back to basics evening and went back to the original version of sbgh mad one with solid reflector based on the news channel style
http://www.centralmediaserver.com/WI...nnadrawing.pdf
the cost was 40 bucks i used 10g copper wire.the only diffrence is i glued on caps and used roofing screws with rubber washers to attach to the face of the caps.i dont like the element being behind the caps.so i set it out of a window pointing southeast into trees.i picked up 29 channels one being 11.1 which is 80 miles away.my thought now is that if i make another and point them 180 from each other and space them 3 foot on the mast i can use an a/b switch and get all the channels i need without the need for stacking.i am however trying to figure out a way to get the dbgh to 300 ohms then i would upgrade both to those.
pips is offline   Reply With Quote