View Single Post
Old 24-May-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
Electron

Tv Antennas and Tv Reception

Thank you AtLarge. As always a starting aim direction such as compass aiming is to get the antenna aimed in the correct direction to begin with. The tvfool radar report shows both , true and magnetic , aiming numbers.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Then the antenna can be turned to the left and right to find a aim direction that improves a possible problem Tv stations channel.
Problems can be , but not limited to , weak signal , signal reflections (multipath).

At this point it is helpful to say , do not go off the 'deep end' on aiming.
One question asker awhile back was Very Serious and Very Narrowly Focused about the absolute correct aiming direction , true or magnetic ,??
I pointed out that there was only 4 degrees difference of the true and magnetic readings.
And this is to get the antenna pointed in the correct direction to begin with , it's not super critical narrowly focused information.

I know this will be shocking and amazing news but some people do not know the directions of , north , south , east , and west.

So printing , aim a antenna north west won't help any and printing aim the antenna 'that a way' won't help any.

This leaves me wondering , how in the heck do they get around?? LOL !!

Last edited by Electron; 26-May-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote