View Single Post
Old 11-Jan-2018, 1:40 PM   #11
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

It would be my opinion, that, unless you can get a lucky signal reflection off the hill to your south, reception from Nashville will be pretty much zero. You're 200' down from the crest of a tree-covered hill in a span of less than 2/10th of a mile. The signals simply will not diffract quickly enough for them to get to your lower elevation.

In this case, the TVFool calculations, same as any other LRI algorithm, will grossly overestimate signals. The calculations cannot be accurate when dealing with a change in elevation this abrupt and, quite simply, should be disregarded as unreliable, at best. I've learned this the hard way after doing thousands of these analyses in numerous terrain scenarios and have field-tested a fair number of them.

Regrettably, this is not a location where I see that antenna reception will be viable. Wish I had a better prognosis.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 11-Jan-2018 at 1:42 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote