View Single Post
Old 19-Apr-2014, 2:58 AM   #28
freetvplease

Thanks ADT, I wasn't sure but in my mind, why replace the HBU44 when I could re-purpose it and I'm sure it would do the same thing as the Y10-7-13.

Prion, while I do appreciate your input, pointing the antenna is not a problem for me. The HBU simply doesn't have enough gain even with the preamp I have to be able to split the signal anymore. I've proven to myself that if the DB4e with the Y5-7-13 could pick up all the stations with better overall signal even though it is no higher than the HBU and a tree is in the path across the street, then obviously the DB8e/Y10 combo would have even better gain, thus more ability to split. Even at a total of 35-36' with the new pole all my stations are still going to be 2-edge pathways so the bigger and slightly higher setup should help to overcome all that. I think the DB?e's being oriented vertically gives more surface area to catch signals than does the horizontal orientation of the HBU.

While the HBU has done a decent job, I know for a fact the changes I'm making will improve upon it.
freetvplease is offline   Reply With Quote