View Single Post
Old 18-Apr-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
jbsb

Help with buying right antenna

I want to pull the plug on my directv and use just over the air channels and streaming.

I'm located in Santa Barbara, CA on the Mesa. This location from what I've been told is blocked from most over the air TV stations. I bought a simple mohu leaf indoor antenna based on the reviews. Depending on where I put it, I can get a few channels (4) reliably. Keyt-dt is the local channel that I want and I seem to have pretty good luck with the leaf getting that channel but would like to get more channels. I'm looking at mounting an antenna on the roof but want to make sure I get the right one. I have about 30ft of RG6 already running from TV to the satellite dish on the roof. I plan to mount the new antenna in the same location which is about 20ft above the ground. I have a low pitch roof and there are lots of trees, houses and hills in my neighborhood. Here's my initial TV signal analysis results.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d5bc8f4aa82f4e

Any help on which setup would work best and the direction I should point the antenna would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Jon
jbsb is offline   Reply With Quote