View Single Post
Old 30-Aug-2016, 3:35 PM   #20
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

You can do the same thing with a C4V. For either model, you'd' still have to mount the VHF dipole separately to the mast so you would also need a taller mast. I've suggested these two models since omitting the reflector is all that's necessary to make the antenna bi-directional.

If I was doing it for myself, I'd use the DB4e as the basis and remove it's reflectors even though that involves drilling out several rivets. It's still a lot more performance for a lower price, it's just that the Db4e isn't sold in retail stores since it's so much larger than the compact ClearStream models. You can easily pick up one of the ClearStream antennas at a local store same day.

Quote:
No offense intended, I just never took that design seriously.
A lot of folks do just that, but we sell a lot of them every year, the C2V is our largest seller. It's also my most-recommended antenna since is serves so well in so many situations where the "big iron" simply isn't mandatory. There are, of course, enough of those situations around whre the really large antennas are absolutely required, you just pretty much have to order them in. That simply isn't the segment of the antenna market our company has chosen to participate in.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 30-Aug-2016 at 3:39 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote