View Single Post
Old 8-Mar-2013, 7:27 PM   #1
marksy

How Can I Make This Better?

Here is my report - http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1ddae06c09ff11

Right now I have a CM4221 pointed at Toronto, and seem to get most everything, including CHCH fairly regularly (although it does pixelate quite often). I also have a CM4221 pointed between Buffalo and Rochester in hopes to get both. These run into a CM7777 amp and into my home, where they are split to 5 TV's.

While I do get most of Buffalo (Fox 29 is sometimes flaky and Ion 51 is not dependable), I have not yet received any signal for anything in Rochester.

My question; if I added another 20 feet to my tower height would it do much? I know nobody can say for sure until I try, but I wanted to see if the thought is that it would help. Doing my report at 50 feet says I will, but it also says Rochester is viewable now as is and it is not.

Also, I wonder if I should either try a different angle on the Buffalo - Rochester antenna, get another and point one at each, or scrap Rochester all together and try to get more and more reliable from Buffalo.

I just read Big Daddy's post who is in the same town as me and it looks like he is getting more in some cases than I am, even off the CN tower, is this just due to location / height?

Lastly, and sorry for all the quetions, is there a way to better read this TV Fool report? I understand (I think) most of it, but does it take into account terrain, trees, hills, etc.? I only have trees about 60 feet away, but pretty much in the line of sight of the antennas.

Thanks for any comments.
marksy is offline   Reply With Quote