View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
kyle_in_rure

Help me choose an antenna..

TV Fool Report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aeeece49b7cb

This setup is going to be for a relative of mine, who is getting rid of his satellite setup.

-We would like to receive at least the first 9 channels on the list, (all in the NW direction), which I don't think will be a problem. It would be nice if we could get WMAV 36 and WFBI 33 as well. The more, the better, really.

-He wants to keep it in the attic if possible. I am aware of the potential for signal loss, but it would be easier on him. They have a lot of strong winds during storms, and it's just one less thing to worry about. They have the typical OSB decking with asphalt shingles.

-There will be about 60 feet of RG6 between the antenna and the coax, and we have considered splitting it two ways to get a signal in another room ( also about 60 ft). This will depend on the signal results, I think.

If we can do it without an amplifier that would be nice as well, but I'm open to opinions. I have a lot of experience with the more "traditional" element antennas, but know nothing about some of the newer models.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 26-Aug-2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: repaired TVFR link
kyle_in_rure is offline   Reply With Quote