View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2016, 3:33 PM   #8
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
What sucks, is my old Toshiba projection TV has 2 RF inputs!
One is probably for the analog tuner, the other is probably for the digital tuners. Perhaps one is for cable only... That was a common configuration about 10-12 years ago as the manufacturers were all still developing integrated analog/digital tuners as part of their product transitions.

Quote:
Would this work for me? I mean the CH3 / 4 two tuner box solution?
Ch 3/4 outputs will be analog standard def only (same as if RCA composite were used) and your new display doesn't even have any tuner, much less an analog one. I can't even imagine how bad SD would look on a 70" 4K display, if it's even possible.

If you're going to consider two separate tuners, go back to my initial recommendation (post #2) and use separate HDMI ports.

If you do still need to go to two tuner's you're also going to need to figure out how to control them separately since most of the cheap ones use IR remotes and, if both boxes are placed so that their IR sensors can see the same area, either remote will control both boxes simultaneously. The option that Tom gave in the thread you found was for adding a single external box to a TV set with an internal tuner and presumed that the remotes would not conflict.

I realize I haven't provided a solution in all this thread, I'm just trying to make you aware of the complications you'll need to avoid.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote