View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2017, 5:38 PM   #49
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Which UVSJ one would you recommend ADTech?
Given the limited availability since so many ones from the past are NLA, ours is the only one currently on the market that I have current performance data on. I tested a number of them 5-6 years ago but haven't revisited them since most of them have been discontinued.

Quote:
Thank You for so eloquently describing what I have experienced in
the field so many, many times.... In theory, a good UVSJ should
work under all conditions but in practice, that is not so. That is why
I always recommend keeping separate coax runs and using an A/B
switch.....
Remember to old TV commercial that said "If it doesn't say Sunkist, you don't know what you're getting""? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jP09HFiRD0) When importers like MCM bring is stuff from China without any performance data provided, there's no telling what you're buying.

:shrug:

Quote:
Strangely, when both feeds to the UVSJ are populated, the UVSJ does not allow Real-25 to pass through to the output.
Sounds more like there's simply excessive insertion loss in the UHF high pass filter and the signal was simply lost due to an inefficient device.
Quote:
Is this some form of destructive interference where some very low amplitude CH-25 signal passes through the VHF-pass filter and destructively interferes with the CH-25 coming through the UHF-pass section?
Unlikely, see previous.

I don't recall, but are you using a preamp with this arrangement. Have you tried amplifying only the UHF signals? IIRC, your combiner has a switch that allows pass-through on the UHF-only port and, if implemented, that would overcome insertion loss of the combiner's UHF port.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 20-Jun-2017 at 5:57 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote