View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2014, 5:39 PM   #6
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurely View Post
I initially tried it without the amp and didn't pick up any channels.

Can you clarify on my antenna being in a dead spot? Do you mean where I live or just where it is mounted right now? Is that something you can tell by my report?
The ANT-751 should have no problem producing plenty of signal with no amplifier in the system... Enough to drive several TV tuners using a passive splitter. Your description of the situation suggests that there may be one or more bad connections, a bad matching transformer, cable or even a problem with your tuner.

Your TV Fool report lists many strong signals. The potential for a dead spot can be very localized. Try moving the antenna, even a few inches may prove to be enough. Be patient, try changing height and location.

Consider this simple test... http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13646 With just the antenna, a short cable and tuner, you should see dozens of channels reliably.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote