View Single Post
Old 11-Mar-2020, 5:43 PM   #37
MikeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
Very old thread, but I did move the VHF antenna inside the attic and it was doing great all these years.

A few months ago, we had a big storm and the one VHF station went away. I thought their tower had issues, so I ignored it. Time went by and I contacted them. They said there is no issue with their antenna. When I look in the attic, everything is still connected.

What would cause the VHF station to go away? What is a good, basic way to troubleshoot this? I don't have RF testing equipment.

The UHF and VHF are joined at a splitter (maybe there is a better name for that) and they both travel down the same coax to the television.

Perhaps the station changed frequencies, due to the repack going on? Have you rescanned your channels to see if it then comes in? What are the stations call letters? Maybe it's running lower power temporarily due to repack issues

Do you have any other VHF station, that still comes in right now? What are it's call letters?

Here's the big daddy version of your Stellar Labs VHF antenna. If you ever want to upgrade: https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/...nna/dp/71Y5462

Last edited by MikeBear; 11-Mar-2020 at 5:48 PM.
MikeBear is offline   Reply With Quote