View Single Post
Old 12-Apr-2020, 1:26 AM   #12
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Got the dual VHF moved up !

I almost didn't move the pair, rain was on the radar.
I definitely wanted to get it done though because I think we're going to have rain the next couple days.

I was only about halfway done when the rain started to fall. I couldn't haul both of the antennas up by myself so I took one of them off the crossbar. Next time I'll take both of them off the crossbar.

I wish I could have measured the spacing between the booms a little bit better but the rain began to fall quite a bit harder. They're kind of pigeon-toed right now judging by looking at the pictures.

So, I ended up plugging in the two VHF antenna array into the VHF half of my RCA PREAMPR1... I used the CC 7870 as the combiner. I'm going to have to make two new cables as they are stretched to their limit. I don't want to break the plastic baluns.

I took the ladder down and right after it stopped raining for a few seconds so I put the single 30-2476 back up on the mast in the lower position. The Spectrum analyzer pattern looks similar to when I had the pair down low like that so maybe it's roof reflections or ground reflections.

I don't think the signal of the two antennas is any stronger than the single antenna even when mounted up high. Still, there's room for improvement I feel.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dual 30-2476 moved up high single down low CROP.jpg (149.8 KB, 2206 views)

Last edited by bobsgarage; 12-Apr-2020 at 2:33 AM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote