View Single Post
Old 12-Oct-2015, 7:56 PM   #15
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Is there a solution at all that I could experiment in the attic or should I just forget this whole thing and just stick with the blood-sucking cable provider.
You will never be happy until you try the attic. Success is possible if you do; failure is 100% certain if you don't. Even if you can't return the antenna if it doesn't work, your peace of mind is worth the money spent and you can take the antenna with you when you move.

I don't watch the TV show Roseanne very often, but I recall her saying: "It's important for a wife to let her husband have his dreams so that he doesn't notice that she is running his life."

I'm very lucky that my wife tolerates my antenna experiments. She knows that I will stay at home to do that, instead of wandering off somewhere else. And she knows that I get depressed if I don't have a "project" to work on. She has been supportive to the extent that she even bought a signal level meter for me.

I have described the possible signal impediments and listed the possible antennas to try. I can't do it for you because I'm too far away; you must do it for me so that I will know what works. My advice is based on feedback.

Quote:
Where would you start?
It doesn't really matter where you start, as long as you DO start. It doesn't have to be perfect because you are doing an experiment to see what works. The results of the experiment will tell you what direction to take next.

You have reached the point with your project that also gives me trouble because of so many options. I deal with it by starting anywhere and the results tell me what to try next.

Last edited by rabbit73; 12-Oct-2015 at 8:22 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote