View Single Post
Old 19-Jan-2015, 5:43 PM   #9
GroundUrMast

If the signal levels were higher, (NM values in double digits), I'd consider the HD8200P so that you could try chasing down the few L-VHF signals shown on your report. But given the low levels you face, I can't be very optimistic that the 8200 would deliver value over an antenna or combination of antennas that cover just the H-VHF and UHF bands.

If you see something broken on the CM4228, I'd try getting it replaced... If there was only minor bending that you were able to straighten, I would be looking at options that mount the antenna higher...

The DB8E has a slight edge on the other 8-bay panel antennas due to it being engineered to cover a narrower range of the UHF band... But if a serviceable CM4228 sees nothing, the few dB of added gain in the DB8E design is not likely to deliver a miracle.

That still leaves questions about the setup of your tuner and it's ability to deal with weak signal conditions. Did you configure the tuner to scan for over the air signals... Cable mode is often the default and totally incompatible with OTA formatted signals.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote