View Single Post
Old 18-Jul-2012, 12:41 AM   #30
GroundUrMast

I've taken the time to closely examine each real channel on your report from the top down to the entry for KTVG, real CH-19.

If mounted outdoors, clear of obstructions such as buildings and trees, the HD7082P aimed at about 250° compass has enough gain to receive all the stations mentioned. (The beginning aim point is the point to start from... fine tune the aim from there, looking for reliable reception of the most stations... rather than signal meter readings of an individual channel.)

The worst case is KOLN real CH-10. with the antenna aimed away from that station, it has significantly lower gain than if aimed at the station. Still, the signal from KOLN is strong enough to be received through the back side of the antenna. I estimate the net noise margin will be between 10 and 15 dB at the TV if you use a good low noise preamp such as the Antennas Direct CPA19. (My goal when designing for 'reliable reception' is to achieve a net NM at the TV in excess of 10 dB, 15 dB if possible... higher is better. The idea is to provide a 'fade margin'.) In my calculations, I provided for future connection of several more TVs.

The slightly larger HD7084P on a rotator would also work. My personal criticism of rotators is here: http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882 along with some alternate ideas. With only one TV connected, a rotator may be a preferred solution, you can add one later if you find you need the option.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 18-Jul-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: sp.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote