View Single Post
Old 28-Sep-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
StephanieS

Hello Jake,

Not too bad of a reception situation. If I were doing this, I'd install a two antenna set up. You'll notice you have UHF and some high-VHF. In some cases with strong high-VHF signals, a UHF antenna will do just fine. In this case, the VHF signals are on the lower end of good with a 1-edge obstruction so a dedicated antenna is the safest bet.

Antenna 1: Antenna's Direct DB8e. One panel orientated to magnetic 250. Second panel orientated to magnetic 325. ABC, CW, FOX, ION and PBS will be received via this antenna.

Antenna 2: Antennacraft Y5713. This is a high-VHF only antenna. This will be dedicated for CBS and NBC. Orientate to magnetic heading 250.

Further elaboration is needed in regards to length of coax and how many TVs will be serviced before additional equipment can be suggested.

A roof mount with a tripod or a chimney mount is idea for these two antenna situations.

WBNG RF 7 CBS isn't worth the hassle. As you noticed it's in the negative signal strengths, plus additionally, it has co-channel interference. The chances of reception of that signal I would put on the very low side. It would also require some reworking of this suggestion. Negative signal strengths are the domain of luck and/or large antenna arrays.

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote