View Single Post
Old 19-Mar-2017, 1:28 PM   #1
Billiam

4 bay antenna question

In my current home I have been using a Super G 1483 8 bay. Works well. But it is probably overkill for my situation and better suited to receiving Deep Fringe signals. This is probably the case for any 8 bay as long as I use the preamp.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4c725d89c82

I'm receiving every channel down to Ch. 26. Happy with that. Using a RCA pre amp I am getting pretty good signals of about 20 db snr readings on the TV SS meter.

I'd like to use a 4 bay instead because then I will be able to add a Delhi VIP 302 VHF antenna to use for Dxing and FM. Will mount both antennas on a rotor. Have limited space and can't really use a Yagi style antenna or large UNF/VHF either. Have those sitting in the cellar when the day comes that I have a larger property and house. If I have to mount them on the chimney and remove them from the current location I definitely have to use small antennas due to tree limb issues and because chimney's can't really handle large antennas.

According to the repack info I am seeing most of the Dayton channels I want to receive (all in red on the report) will be in the 30 to 36 channel range. With that in mind, and using a preamp which 4 bay has the best reception of channels in that range? Ch. 45 likely won't come in right now but maybe after it changes to Ch. 36 in a few years I will have a shot at it.

And, would I be better off trying a different preamp than the RCA? It is not overloading at all but I think I've read there are other preamps available that offer a little more gain in strong signal areas while not prone to overload.

Any suggestions?
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote