View Single Post
Old 11-Feb-2017, 11:50 PM   #11
mikebuild

Talking

So I still have the 7698 on the roof and the Winegard Boost XT 18db (mounted in the attic). When I first installed these I was able to scan 48 channels total, but recently, I was only able to get 32. From the time of initial install, till now, the signal has been fairly intermittent on a regular basis so I've decided to try a bigger boost (36db). I found this one on Amazon, the "Miyako usa KF-236" ... it came today. Opened the box and found no instructions ... went to the website, no instructions, specs, manuals of any kind. So I'm guessing that I got some Chinese crap. (my bad, on a budget). But since I've got it, might as well try it. The Wingard XT mounts in the attic near the antenna and the power supply mounts at the tv. This booster is "all in one", no separate power supply. Would I be better off mounting this in the attic (near antenna) or down near the TV? This unit has a toggle "in/out" and a dial for "gain", but without a manual I have no idea how to properly adjust. I will try all configurations ... see what happens.

Any thoughts?
Thanks again, Mike.
mikebuild is offline   Reply With Quote