View Single Post
Old 1-Sep-2015, 5:09 PM   #8
Fool82

I'm not rejecting anyone's suggestions rabbit73. Has anyone had concern about my antennas being to close to my roof? I originally went with a J-arm because I was expecting to use only the ClearStream 2 only. Things became complicated when I had to also use the ClearStream 5 to recieve my local FOX station.

I purchased a eaves mount from Radio Shack last fall.

http://www.radioshack.com/eaves-moun...s/1500891.html

It is rated for supporting a antenna mast of no more then 5 ft. But I believe that measurement is rated for an Antenacraft HBU33 or larger antenna. Would I be okay with a mast 8-10 feet long with the Clearstream 2? The 8-10 feet length would be 1 5 feet mast with an 4-5 geet mast extension mounted. Would I need a better eaves mount or need to consider adding mast wires for support?

I thought elevation would help improve signal and possible avoid tree reception problems I've been having at this time of year.

As people really recommend a pre-amp. Where would I mount the pre-amp with the 2 antennas? I'm wondering if I mount it in between the Clearstream 2 and Clearstream 5? Or do I mount it beneath the Clearstream 5?

I'm also curious, if I were to mount and use all 3 antennas. How would I do this safely and avoid antenna interference and receive stations from both Green Bay and Milwaukee,WI?
Fool82 is offline   Reply With Quote