View Single Post
Old 1-Sep-2015, 1:28 AM   #7
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

I don't think we have been much help with your WCWF problem and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. There must be an unknown factor. You haven't told us much about your system inside the house.

They could be running reduced power because of transmitter problems. You could call the station engineer.

You could have local RF interference from other services. We have a local paging transmitter that messes with cable channel 19 (150 to 156 MHz). You could have electrical interference from switchmode power supplies, like AC adapters.

Quote:
But I doubt just an external FM trap on the VHF antenna would be needed as the only VHF station broadcasting WLUK Fox 11 is coming in fine.
That is the conventional thinking. I still think FM interference should be considered. It still could be fundamental overload; your strongest FM station is 60 dB stronger than WCWF.

It is not in your best self-interest to reject a new idea just because it doesn't agree with your old idea. Didn't you come here for new ideas because you were having trouble?

Looking at the terrain profile between WCWF and your location, it isn't too difficult to imagine buildings or trees popping up above the terrain, not to mention the interference from the 1st Edge peak.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fool82TVFprofile3.JPG (115.6 KB, 1407 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 1-Sep-2015 at 2:46 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote