View Single Post
Old 29-Jul-2016, 9:58 PM   #1
ledude

Talking Advise on replacing my outdoor antenna

Hi all.

I have been looking to replace my current outdoor antenna. Not sure what's wrong with it. The channels I used to receive clearly before, now its going in and out. I'm a bit puzzled with it. I used to have the original Direct Clear Stream 2 that I got from Costco. Price is pretty up there when I paid for it. But then I have to move a bit North to where I use to live and it doesn't work anymore after. So I replaced it with this RCA that I bought at Radio Shack for like 30 bux (Can't remember the part number). It was working great for a year or two but lately, the signal it receives was like in and out. I'm guessing the tree across the freeway grew taller and started to block the signal. Any suggestion on the antenna I can replace it with. Preferably not some old fashion giant antenna that I saw on someone else's house. :-) I live about 16-20 miles North of DT Seattle. Here is my tvfool link.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb943c35ece9

Not sure what else I can provide. I'm a noob on this kind of stuffs even though I've been using OTA for quite some time. I'm just amazed at how some of you were able to see what's in front of the direct line just by looking at the map.. :-) I've a long way to learn. :-)

Also inside my house I use a 8-Port Bi-Directional Cable TV HDTV Amplifier Splitter Signal Booster with Passive Return to split the signals even though in reality, most of the time I only use it for 1 tv. I bought this spiltter for amplifying the signal.

Any suggestion? Many thanks everyone.
ledude is offline   Reply With Quote