Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 4-Aug-2013, 2:06 PM   #7
davidlukewilcox

Thanks so much for your help so far. I think I have a couple more questions. I wasn't aware of UHF vs VHF. Thanks for pointing that out and suggesting antennas that are only good at what I need and don't try to do what I don't need. The XG91 looks like a great pick.

I'm thinking about this roof mount: http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-DS-20...=antenna+mount

Will this fit the XG91? Will I need to get a separate pole so I can push the XG91 up 12 feet above the roofline? How can I know what pole will fit both of these?

As well, the connector on the side of my house for coaxial cable where comcast or dish are supposed to hook in is on the bottom. It would take probably 100 feet of cable to run down to that. That then runs upstairs across the house to my laundry room (where I can connect the entire house together in different ways). That would then have to run all the way back downstairs to my living room for the TV. I'm worried about all this coaxial cable and the loss there. If what you're saying is true, then I need all the gain I can get. Would I be wiser to just drill a hole directly from the antenna to the attic and then hook that up to my laundry room directly without going through the outside connector? Is RG11 cable super important here? How do I connect RG11 cable to the current RG6 in my house? It doesn't seem like they're compatible.

Thanks again.
David
davidlukewilcox is offline   Reply With Quote