View Single Post
Old 14-Nov-2017, 7:29 AM   #3
OTAFAN

boise idaho reception tips

Since you're in a strong signal area at home and camping, if you're not inclined to put up an outdoor antenna, there are several very good indoor antennas which should give you stable signal levels for enjoyable TV watching.

Obviously, an outdoor antenna like JoeAZ recommended will always give you higher signal levels, but not necessarily better picture quality in most situations where a viewer lives in strong signal areas--albeit, depending on your local terrain and home conditions.

I live in a strong signal area here in SoCal OC, and my current set up includes an outside RCA751R and I receive very strong readings on my TVs meter, but I also have experimented with several indoor antennas and even though the signal strength is less than my 751R produces, I do have stable and quality picture viewing.

You might want to consider the Mohu Leaf 50 Amp, or Antennas Direct Clearstream Eclipse Amp, their new Flex, available now at Lowes. Those have served me equally well here and might do the same for you--again depending upon your particular conditions.

I was once advised on this forum by rabbit73, to default to your TV; it will tell you if your antenna is working or not. I have found that to be good advise.

Anyway, I hope my two cents helps and best TV viewing to you. I hope your wife gets well soon.
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote