View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2017, 1:53 PM   #1
Dude

Antenna / Reception Help in Asheville

Hi all,

As the title suggests, looking for help in getting the proper antenna(s) in the wonderful (and reception impaired) mountains of Asheville, NC.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a433d1c27b3a

I borrowed a '1byone 85 Miles Digital Amplified Outdoor/Attic HDTV Antenna' from my neighbor for testing. My goal is to get the 4 major broadcasters...I'm having trouble pulling in CBS (7.1).

Through trial-n-error, I've gotten the best combination of channels and reception when mounted in the attic at 180 (+/-) with the amplifier on a 3' jumper, then a 20' run to a TV. CBS still doesn't come in though.

My question: Is this the proper antenna for receiving the two VHF-Hi channels (ABC & CBS) plus the two UHF Channels (NBC & Fox). Would I benefit more from pointing one antenna at 200 while pointing another antenna at 161 to get CBS?. I've pointed this 1byone antenna at 161 but still can't get CBS (7.1).

My neighborhood is in a bit of a valley, and I do have a large hill at my 180. (Yes, the general direction of most of my towers.) I can roof mount to add another 12-15 feet.

Ultimately, I'll run this signal to a HDHomeRun and then onto my three TVs.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

And a BIG thanks to this forum and related links/info...been a big help!
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote