View Single Post
Old 14-Jan-2017, 5:42 PM   #1
Kentuckian

OTA from beyond Lexington, Kentucky?

Greetings from Kentucky!

For the last couple of months, I’ve had one TV running OTA with a Mohu leaf antenna in the window to make sure that the idea of closing our cable account was going to pass the family test. We pick up the local network channels just fine and the family is on board.

I’d like to reach beyond Lexington for some additional channel choices. I’ve read through the forums and realize that there is a lot to this that I don’t know about. If you don’t mind, I’d like your help answering some novice questions.

Looking at the attached signal report, I am thinking our choices are mostly UHF.

We have a two story home that faces due north. We have a chimney on the west end of the house that faces Louisville. I’m thinking to mount the antenna on the chimney on this west end of the house. This gives us building and tree free sky to the south, west and north and around 30' ~ 35' antenna elevation.

Here is our signal report...
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4fdde834be8

Questions...

(1) Is it realistic to think that we could pull in Louisville or Cincinnati stations with the above type of antenna setup?

(2) Can it be done without an antenna rotator or is that going to need to be part of the setup?
Kentuckian is offline   Reply With Quote