View Single Post
Old 27-Mar-2015, 2:02 PM   #5
McFly

Thanks again. When I first installed the antenna, I took a TV out on the balcony with me and hooked it up to the antenna, then moved the antenna around doing channel scans until I found the spot where it picked up the most channels. I then mounted the mast on the wall, and since then I've been experimenting with pointing the antenna in different directions to get the best signal. I tried using the TVFool compass data to point the antenna for each station I was having trouble with, but due to reflections/buildings blocking LOS it didn't work as expected.

The problem is that on any given day I can receive CBLT and several other stations with perfect clarity, then a few days later I don't get those channels at all. There's no middle ground, it either comes in perfectly or not at all. There are other channels I get most of the time, then one day the signal is poor or nonexistent. This makes it hard to find the best spot to aim the antenna. I do a channel scan whenever I turn the TV on, to see which channels I can get today.

I grew up in a rural area with a TV tower and rotor, so I know not to expect perfect reception for every channel, all the time. I'm fairly sure a rotor wouldn't help in this situation. I was just wondering if today's technology offered another way to boost signal strength or otherwise improve reception.
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote