View Single Post
Old 7-Jan-2017, 1:12 PM   #3
Jake V

A lot will depend on your attic. An antenna that "looks" through a wall or roof that has has any metal in it is going to have difficulty pulling in a good signal. And the things in the attic (pipes, electrical wiring, etc.) can also cause issues. It's often necessary to try many locations in the attic to find the perfect spot. I'd start with that before buying anything (focusing on real channel 50 / WNEP-16 (ABC)). If it comes in solid from a different location you can consider just adding a VHF-HI antenna for channels 11 & 13 (NBC & CBS).

For UHF I'd probably go with the Antennas Direct DB-4e, pointed towards the Scranton towers (at 341 degrees using a compass) or something similar. Your local Lehigh Valley signals are strong so they should be picked up easily.

For VHF real channels 11 & 13 (NBC-WBRE/28 & CBS/WYOU/22), I'd likely go with a Stellar Labs Deep Fringe Directional Antenna VHF-Hi or, if you want something smaller (but way more expensive) the Antennas Direct Clearstream 5.

It is possible the DB-4e will pick up the two VHF stations from Scranton, so you may be able to do without the separate VHF antenna. I'd try it first before purchasing the VHF antenna.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote