View Single Post
Old 17-Feb-2015, 3:19 PM   #1
CAchief

Two Antenna Setup Help

Hello all,

Thank you for reading the post...I have spent the last couple of months researching, and attempting to install a two antenna system. I have tried three different antennas (1, 2, 3) and had the most success with the third, Eagle Aspen one. Pleasant surprise given the price!

This is a link to my report. I have two stations (NBC & CW) north of my house. Depending on which way the antenna was pointing, I was able to get KSBY and CW (north) and CBS, Fox, few spanish stations facing south. I utilized the map feature of TVFOOL to point the antenna to towers. Additionally, I bought the RCA Preamplifier and was able to pick up ABC. The issue I am having is combining the antennas. I used two antennas (the Eagle Aspen UHF and Wineguard UHF/VHF). When I use the preamplifier, I cannot get NBC and CW while I can get the south facing stations. I have the FM Trap on and have tried utilizing different ports of the preamplifier. I don't think it's an antenna spacing issue as I cannot get NBC/CW using only one antenna (Eagle Aspen or Wineguard) + preamplifier. Coax cable was identical length.

Any help would be appreciated. I was also wondering if I can use two Eagle Aspen UHF antennas to get all of the stations.
CAchief is offline   Reply With Quote