View Single Post
Old 9-Jun-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
sara

Thank You. Yes my location has the TV towers in South to South West. As C5 is more or less omni-directional, I went to that route to avoid a rotator. Right now based on advice here, I have antenna pointed at about 200deg orientation and it works well as I did some trial scans of signals by trial and error.

I am planning to test everything on the ground before installing in the roof. So I think I can do it with help from the forum. Can the power inserter for the preamp be at 80 to 100ft distance from the antenna mast? My distribution amp has passive power return path, so it is not going to affect the upstream signal from antenna. I don't want to overload strong signal stations. I have read something here but I am new and don't have the expertise for the signal calculation. I do not have access to signal meter.

The only reason I am considering the preamp is because of the distance from the antenna mast to distribution amp. I would love to go to a store, buy a preamp, test it and then decide to keep it or return it. But Walmart or Radioshack do not carry a preamp.
sara is offline   Reply With Quote