View Single Post
Old 9-Jan-2016, 2:05 AM   #16
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Your diagram shows a very ambitious project. You have the right ideas about making sure each antenna gets what you want before combining, about more height, about a HLSJ to block FM, and about a UVSJ to combine UHF and VHF.

But I see a possible problem using a splitter in reverse as a combiner. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. When the signals from two UHF or two VHF antennas are combined, each antenna can pick up the same signal. When those signals arrive at the combining point they will interfere with each other if they are not in phase, which can cause the loss of channels.

I understand your desire to combine all antennas because of the DVR, but I want you to be aware that there might be a problem. CATV systems use a separate antenna and a single channel amplifier for each channel, and then combine them, which works well, but is very expensive.

There might also be a possible problem with overload. Which 7777 do you have, the old model with separate inputs for VHF and UHF, or the new 7777 with only one antenna input?

Last edited by rabbit73; 9-Jan-2016 at 2:20 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote