View Single Post
Old 11-Feb-2019, 3:18 AM   #1
scott784

Help - to get reception of all networks in Greensboro & Charlotte NC markets

I have attached my TV Fool Report. As can be seen, I live in a relatively good area to receive OTA from both the Greensboro and Charlotte NC markets. However, I have noticed some issues that I am trying to resolve and hope one of the experts on here can point me in the right direction as far as a new antenna.

Currently, I am using a Clearstream 4 (CJM model) that purchased while living at a former home about 7 years ago. At any rate, this particular antenna is up in the attic of my new home. I've got it aimed SW towards the Charlotte market; and it doesn't do too bad picking up my true locals (Greensboro channels on the side), with some exceptions.

However, here is my objectives in order of priority. I want to 1) stabilize my out of market WJZY 46 and WCNC 36 stations from Charlotte so that I can receive both of them simultaneously without making adjustments to my antenna in the attic. And second priority is to stabilize my local WXII (NBC) channel 12. My local channel 12 tends to pixelate on windy days and sometimes other inclement weather. If both of these goals cannot be met with any existing antenna, I would at least like a scenario whereby the out of market WCNC and WJZY are stabilized so that I get a good lock in (no pixelations) on either one of those out of market stations.

I am not counting pennies and money is not a problem. However, I have learned that bigger is not always better! For example, I tried a Db8e in my attic (of my new home). I tried it with various placements and the panels in different directions as well as all one direction. Long story short, the DB8e does not perform as well as my Clearstream 4 at my location.

Do any of the experts on here have any suggestions for a better antenna than my Clearstream 4 to use in my attic for my particular situation? For example, what about the Channel Master 4221 4bay UHF antenna since it appears to have a very wide beam width? Or what about the Clearstream 2MAX (with or without the back reflector)? Or other antennas? I really don't know. But I want reliable reception on all of the channels in my local and out of market stations (at least all the ones in green on my report).

Thanks for any help. My TV Fool report is attached.

PS there is a bit more than meets the eye with my TV Fool Report. It shows WXII as my strongest local station. But it is not my strongest - and my theory is that it has to do with the lower power level that the station is operating on versus some of my other locals. Also - my report shows my out of market Charlotte stations (in green) as being comparable to one another - when in reality - WBTV CBS Charlotte, NC is (by far) my very strongest out of market station. 'Much' stronger than WJZY or WCNC.
Attached Images
File Type: png TVFool.png (75.2 KB, 657 views)

Last edited by scott784; 11-Feb-2019 at 4:00 AM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote