View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2011, 5:26 AM   #1
2aa

Help with new antenna purchase and setup

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec1245bc23f13a

I just got a new TV (a big 73" Mitsubishi DLP 73640 for $699 on Black Friday), and picked up a little antenna at Costco (a Clearstream2 by Antennas Direct). I set it up inside my house (against a north facing window) and get some channels: 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, but there are other channels around (like 27) that I can't pick up with the antenna in that location (but that window gets the most for me of the 6 indoor places I tried). I only have one TV, the new one.

I am ready to get a bigger and better antenna but would like to know what the best way to start out is. I'm interested in getting as many of the local Tucson channels as possible (especially the big networks), and am wondering if I can get the Phoenix channels too. I could put it in the space above my garage ceiling or I could get it mounted on the roof. I'll get a rotating mount if it will help, but before I did that I think I'd rather do two antennas pointing in different directions and combine their channels, if that type of thing would work. I'm not sure if an amplifier will help.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
2aa is offline   Reply With Quote