View Single Post
Old 26-Jul-2011, 7:04 PM   #7
PaulJiv

Clearstream 4 and Sony KDS-55A3000

Ok this one is beyond me and maybe you more experienced can provide me with some info. So this past weekend I spent majority of the weekend installing the Clearstream 4 in the attic over garage. I have changed the location all over in the attic. I don’t think the problem is with the antenna but I am not sure. So here is my problem.

I can point the antenna at 298/299 Magnetic N per TV report. When I scan for channels I will detect 1 or 2 analog channels then scan up to 8 digital channels. The TV flashes then goes right to channel 50. I am assuming this is an analog signal as it is not clear and there is no digital info. I tried to point the antenna in every direction facing North West to South West 170 to 320 in half inch increments. I found that when I am pointed about 225 Magnetic I can scan and will find and lock 26 channels. I am missing the two channels that I watch the most CBS and FOX. After the Channels are saved I point antenna back to 298 and re scan digital only so that the TV will keep all existing channels. No new channels found. Change input to 2.1 and TV indicates there is no signal. I have scanned the channels that were found and did not see CBS or FOX. I can go into the setup on the TV with antenna still pointed 298 and check signal on several channels will show 90 plus and solid green. If I initiate to start a new setup, I receive warning message indicates that channels will be over written. When I scan 2 analog channels found and TV gets to 8 Digital found then stops and I lose all of the channels that were previously saved. The TV is a Sony KDS-55A3000.

Frustrated I decided to install a splitter and test, as the signal appears to be good once the scan is completed, same issue as described above. So I decided to hook up to TV in my bedroom, which is another 40’ of cable. A cheap 32” Sharp LCD TV. I complete the scan and it would appear that I am receiving all channels and I didn’t change the antenna from 298. Check signal and everything looks good. I receive FOX, CBS and ABC the 3 main channels that I watch. Built a new cable about 25’ plug into CS4 then back of Sony pointed at 298 scan get to 2 analog and 8 digital then no digital channels save. Point to the random southwest run scan and find channels. It is only after the scan is completed and channels are locked that I can change back to 298 mag north. If I had to guess I would say that it appears to be the tuner on the Sony TV but this is my first experience with OTA broadcast. For many years I have had either satellite or cable but am ready to cut the cost. My Sony TV has about 2 years remaining on extended warranty, and I have thought about purchasing a TIVO as I really like DVR.

Thanks for your help and suggestions I wasn’t sure if I should start a new post or continue this one.
PaulJiv is offline   Reply With Quote