View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2017, 1:52 PM   #65
jrgagne99

Thanks for the UVSJ test-info Rabbit.

While I was waiting for the RCA TVPRAMP1Z and Antennas Direct mast-mount UVSJ to arrive, I tried another UVSJ that I remembered I had purchased a while back on Amazon- a Blonder-Tongue ZHLSJ. It showed the same wacky UHF attenuation that the MCM 33-2230 did. I was now suspicious that something else in my setup was at play. However, when I plugged in the Antennas Direct UVSJ, it worked swimmingly. No UHF or VHF attenuation! Additionally, the RCA TVPRAMP1Z, with its separate UHF and VHF inputs, worked great as well! Maybe MCM is using Blonder-Tongue components in their parts (or vice-versa) I don't know, but in any case, they both appeared to be defective.

Anyway, for two days now, I've been pulling in WCAX, WPTZ, and WVNY at SNRs all greater than 20 dB, with only very rare pixellations, and no drop-outs. I'm even getting WETK, which is way down at NM=-2.2dB on my report. I'm using the HDB91X for UHF and the MCM 30-2476 for VHF-Hi.

My stretch-goal now is to pull in WFFF (Real Ch 43, NM=-5.8 dB). I have occasionally achieved this before using two vertically stacked HDB8X's positioned in a certain spot on my roof. But that configuration is a real wind-sail, and we live in a especially windy spot. So I'm thinking of stacking two HDB91Xs instead.

Question: What separation distance should I try (to start with) for vertical or horizontal stacking of two HDB91X antennas?

Last edited by jrgagne99; 28-Jun-2017 at 3:39 PM.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote