View Single Post
Old 20-Feb-2012, 7:24 PM   #5
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
Lack of green just means you have to work harder and every db counts. With the right equipment and conditions you generally stand a chance of receiving channels down to 0 NM(db) and sometimes into the the negative numbers on your TVfool report. The report takes topography into account but not trees or buildings. Click a station on your report and you'll see how the mountains and hills affect the signal. I noticed with more antenna height, some San Diego channels popped up on your report. That's a long haul but apparently elevation makes it a remote possibility. Do any of your neighbors have a tall antenna? If so, ask them about their OTA set up and the stations they're receiving.

The only thing you can reuse from the previous satellite setup would be the coax assuming it's RG-6 and not too old. Be sure no old satellite equipment or unused coax runs are connected.
I did not see any outdoor antennae around that house on the big hill/small mountain. I saw a lot of satellite dishes which is a bad sign. The ones without them might be using cable since TWC is available in that area too.
ant is offline   Reply With Quote